Family is Forever
The holiday season is almost here. A time when most families come together and see one another; eat, talk, and maybe have some disagreements. I know that these times can be stressful and families have a past.
Jesus has shown us, however, that we should love no matter what.
Love covers over a multitude of sins. This means loving each other no matter what. You only have your family for a little while so making these moments matter are important. Now, is the time to make amends and take the leap of faith and get right with your family. Maybe even a friend that you have not seen because of a fight you had. Forgiveness is freedom.
Related: The Holiday Hope Toolbox
Because families have disagreements this means that forgiveness is in order. Having a heavy heart for someone is not a good feeling. We spend so much of our time mad at someone or having unforgiveness in our hearts that it eats us alive. This is depriving you of joy. They are stealing your happiness and joy.
Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. Colossians 3:13
There is nothing that you can do for Jesus not to love you or forgive you for. He set the example on how we should treat one another. With love, kindness, respect, sincerity, and these are ways we should live in our own lives.
I know forgiveness is hard for some people. The first step, however, is to forgive yourself. Leave all that you have done or said in the past and leave it at the altar. Humble yourself and come clean with God so that you can live the life God has intended for you. You have so much to offer for this world. Your light that needs to shine. Bite the pride inside and let go.
Truth About Family
So here they are. The encouragement that your family is there for you. No matter what. Even if your family is not blood-related you have people in your life that love you, care for you, and keep you smiling.
For me, I have my church family, Bible study group, friends, and family. So I choose scriptures not just based on husband and wife, but on love and forgiveness. When Christians come together we are all family of Christ. This means you have a huge group of supporters and people to lean on. You are not alone.
- “And I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:18
- “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13
- “So we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” Romans 12:5
- “For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.” James 3:2
- “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.” Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
- “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
- “For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise, your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.” 1 Corinthians 7:14
- “No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you. ” Joshua 1:5
- “But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Mark 10:6-9
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.“ 1 Peter 4:8
I hope these scriptures touch your heart in some way. Maybe someone you know needs these words of encouragement. Write them down or put on a post-it-note. These words are for you. The Word is for you. You are worth it and special. You are someone to God!
5 Biblical Truths to Pray Over Your Children Now
Join our VIPs and download your free printable now!